From Divorce To Drunk Driving Or Creating A Will, The Morgan Law Office Is Here To Help

Helping Clients File Enforcement Motions For Disputed Family Law Cases

Family law cases can be very confrontational affairs. Whether it’s a case over alimony, child custody, child support or property division, the parties might not see eye-to-eye on certain terms. Even if a court issues an order, there’s no guarantee that the other party will follow through.

If your former spouse or partner fails to comply with a court order, you can file an enforcement action to request a court to force the other party to obey. Because this can be a complicated process, it’s advisable that you seek legal counsel. Enforcing a court order can be stressful, but with our help, it doesn’t have to be.

We’re attorneys Brent and Piper Morgan of The Morgan Law Office, and we’re always ready to help you enforce family law court orders. Between the two of us, we have 40 years of combined legal experience, allowing us to advise you on your case and guide you every step of the way. We’re also a small local firm serving the Midland community, which means we closely work with our clients on a one-to-one basis.

How Do Enforcement Motions Work?

There’s a process to enforcement motions; they’re also not automatic, which means you’ll have to take the first step to initiate them. The steps for an enforcement motion are:

  • Filing a motion: First, you must submit a written statement to the court that issued the order to request enforcement officially. The statement must describe which part of the order isn’t being followed.
  • Notifying the other party: Once the court sets a date, time and place for the hearing over a motion, it will notify the respondent that a motion has been filed against them and that they must respond.
  • Appearing in court: All parties must appear in the enforcement proceeding, where you must prove the respondent failed to follow the court order.
  • Penalties: If the court finds that the respondent failed to follow the order, it can force the person to follow it or impose penalties.
  • Clarification and modification: The court may have to clarify or change an order to ensure the respondent follows it properly.

Enforcement actions will need documentation and evidence. You’ll need a lawyer who can organize your evidence, and we’re more than up to the task.

Enforcements For A Wide Range Of Court Orders

We can assist you in filing enforcement motions for the following court orders:

No matter your case, we’ll assist you with our legal experience.

Don’t File An Enforcement Action Without Legal Support

Call The Morgan Law Office at 432-307-6507 or contact us through our online email form today to learn how we can aid you in filing an enforcement action.